More Target finds, reading focus wall, and Daily 5 posters

Target must really love me! I can't stay away! Yesterday I went shopping AGAIN and found some great things!

First up is always the dollar spot! I found these All about me posters! 10 for $1.00
No need for me to make these any more:) YES! And, I get to save on paper copies and colored ink! I will be using these for my SOARing eagle of the week! 

I also found this super cute wipe off Monday-Sunday board.
So my kids always have the same reading homework each night so I don't need a place to write that down. I do need a place to write the math homework down. So, this is what I did to this dry erase board:)
Since they don't have math homework over the weekend I wanted to cover that part!

I also bought 3 of these so I can sort my colored pencils, markers, and crayons! No more searching for specific colors:)

Then, I went to Office Depot looking for folders for my monthly math center games I bought from Hope over at 2nd grade Shenanigans. I wanted something that was sturdy and I could rotate in and out each month. When one month is done, I will place them in Ziploc bags. I plan on numbering these folders 1-12. I also got a dish rack to hold them in (saw the idea on Pinterest).

While thinking about how to decorate my room this year I knew I wanted more of a reading focus wall! I found this great one from Pouty Pink Princess
 So I went right away in making some headers for this board I plan on creating! Here are a few of the headers I came up with:) 


If you are interested in all of them, you can pick them up at my TPT and TN stores! 

In my class, I do a modified version of the Daily 5. It's more of the Weekly 5 than the Daily 5. I LOVE the choices and how it is all reading related! No more copies, cutting and laminating each week...YUCK! I created some very simple Daily 5 choice posters.  And of course...they are free:) (these posters are not endorsed by The Sisters)

I also have added a few of my own things. I am going to have a Vocabulary center this year. I think with starting out common core and integrating more science and social studies into literacy, the students will need as much vocabulary as they can get! I also added Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday card headers to place in my pocket chart. I hope you like them!










 You can get these posters for free in my TPT and TN stores!

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

6 comments:

  1. Okay! You've inspired me. I've been thinking about a focus board for a while. Time to get busy!

    Megan
    http://tonyastreatsforteachers.blogspot.com/2012/07/more-target-finds-reading-fous-wall-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your posters and supply finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your finds! Now I want to go to Target!!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "happy weekend" you added! Can I ask where you got that cute border? It's adorable!

    Grade Three is the Place for Me

    gr3istheplace4me@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I got it from Print Candee and the font is from Kevin and Amanda-smiley monster:)

      Delete