He wrote me a letter AND I got a hug!

I have a headache and I am not feeling all that well:( BOO! But I had some great news I wanted to share and a question I want to ask! 

So you remember my buddy I told you about a week ago or so? The one who has a lot of needs and every day is different? I have to go into school each day knowing I may not get what I got the day before, or the day might be better!

Well, on Friday he asked me to write him a letter. He wanted a letter from me saying how good he was that week-which he was! But I really think he wanted to give it to mom to get something from her! Smart kid! Anyways, I said SURE! But right then and there I had an idea... 

I took out a spiral notebook and on the front I wrote his name and my name on the journal. Inside I wrote him a note using proper format of course! I showed him the journal and his letter! His face LIT up! I told him that this was our journal and he was to take it home over the weekend and write me a letter. He said he would! 

Well, sure enough today he gave me back the journal with a letter inside! (i'll have to take a picture tomorrow) It was a short note, but I didn't mind! He has trouble with verbal skills so I am hoping this will help as a tool! So I wrote him back and gave it back to him. He placed it in his book bag! I honestly can't wait to see if he wrote me tomorrow. Then, at the end of the day I always ask for a hug. If he says no, no big deal. Usually it is no. It has only been yes once! 

So again today I asked, he shook his head no and started to run for the bus. I turned around to walk away and next thing I know he is running back to me and gives me the biggest hug! I about teared up! I know each day is different...but today I am very thankful to be his teacher!

On another note, I want to thank everyone for the amazing comments about my October Writing Calendar! 

You can pick it up at my TPT and TN stores today! I had a few people ask me if I was going to do this for every month! What do you think??? I plan on making one this weekend! I will sell them individually and also as a group! When I am done, I will do a giveaway for them! 

Have a great night!

4 comments:

  1. How touching! Please keep us updated on your special little guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, yay! It's moments like those that makes everything we go through perfect!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, such a lovely story! It is moments like that when you love being a teacher! Something so small, and unplanned, has made a huge difference! I agree with above, please keep us updated!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story! I hope things continue to go well with him!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete