My heart is very heavy:(

My heart hurts right now and has ever since I found out. I was in the middle of giving my students a free afternoon for getting a BINGO on their class behavior chart! I took a second to look at Facebook and there it was...on everyone's page! At that minute I looked around my room to see kids laughing, playing, giggling, working together, and having a great time. Not one of them had a clue what just happened! I wanted to get up and hug them all so tightly! But I didn't because I had no idea how I should react in front of them thinking their parents might not what them to know! As I look around my classroom I just get such a pit in my stomach...how could someone just walk in and kill innocent children! I want to finish my division packet...I've been trying for the past 2 hours. But I keep reading, keep checking updates, wanting to sit in front of the tv! I wish there was something I could do!

That is all I have:( I hope everyone finds love and comfort with family and friends tonight! Stay safe my friends! I adore and love you all!

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way - I just sat down at my desk and looked at my kiddos. So innocent. My eyes filled with tears and my heart ached. I cannot even imagine how those teachers handled an unimaginable situation. :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly does hit home for us primary teachers. I always thought that would never happen in an elementary school, and then it does. So scary and extremely sad. :(

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete